Get into the magic world of ornithology, just practising Birdwatching in the Natural Park of Aiguamolls de l’Empordà. During all the summer period, the Camping Castell Mar does some naturalists activities addressed to boys and girls. Among all the proposals, we highlight next:
- Pellets workshop: The participants will learn to classify the bones of a mousse derived from the feeding of night predatory.
- Ornithological observations: it allows you to identify the species which are the closest to the camping.
- Turtles: capture, identification and measurement of turtles from the pond.
- Board games of Nature: In the mini club, some activities with board games are held.
- The farm: The camping has a little farm where children can collect products from the vegetable garden and feed the hens.
Throughout all the year, Castell Mar Camping also promotes the Ornithological routes of Aiguamolls de l’Empordà:
1.- Rubina Trail (Distance 2.4 km. Time approx. 40 min.)
Route which allows you to discover birds from the salt marshes of the Rubina Beach. It can be easily observed black-winged stilts, Kentish plovers, among others.
2.- Bicycle route to the Information Center of the Natural Park, Cortalet ( Distance 18 km Approx 2 h 30 min.)
One of the most complete routes, mixing sports and discovery of the flora and fauna of the surroundings. During the tour you can easily see: storks, flamingos, common moorhens and different species of ducks, among others. You can rent a bike at the campsite!
3.- Route to the pond of Vilagut (Distance 13 km Approx 2 h.)
One of the most symbolic routes in the area of the Natural Park of Aiguamolls de l’Empordà, highlighted by the lagoon, in the middle of an idyllic landscape. Remarkable species to be observed: purple herons, flamingos, white ducks, marsh harriers, etc.